Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Folk Remedies

I haven't been posting much, or what I have been has been hurried.
Still hurried in a way, but I came across a little pamphlet of folk remedies the other day.
In it were a few things that I found interesting.

1. For Migraines--I have never had one, and hope I never do, but I know several people who do suffer from them, wonder if they ever tried the following:
At the first sign of a migraine, dip the flattened end of a toothpick into cayenne pepper and sniff a little bit into each nostril. In addition to offering natural pain relief, cayenne pepper is a good source of magnesium, which is supposed to ward off migraines.

2. For a Hangover--This one I will try the next time I get one.
Cut a wedge of lemon and rub it on your armpits. It is supposed to work!
If nothing else, your armpits will smell citrusy fresh.

3. Sty in the eye--been a long time since I had one of these too, maybe it is because I wear a lot of the remedy???
As soon as you feel a sty coming on, rub the area a few times with a gold ring. This is supposed to work too.

4. Athlete's Foot--again not something I have dealt with in a long while, but I know plenty of people that do....
Steep six crushed garlic cloves in a basin of hot water for an hour, then soak your feet for about 20 minutes in the water. Or you can mix the crushed garlic in olive oil and apply it directly to the fungal area (sounds so yummy doesn't it?) you do have to be careful though, I guess too much garlic can burn the skin.

If you try any of these 4 let me know how they work.

No comments: