Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Scentology

Scents stimulate a part of the brain that influences emotions, heart rate, blood pressure and respiration. Smell is the only sense that travels directly to the brain from the sensory organ. Scent messages are picked up by olfactory receptors in the nose and transported directly to the brain's limbic region.

Scents can affect mood, perhaps by reminding people of past pleasant (or unpleasant) experiences.


Know anybody that has a problem with road rage? Place some cinnamon and peppemint in their car....somehow it makes the driver feel less frustrated. But it seems they have to be mixed together, because peppermint also is enegizing, it can actually cause insomnia....don't need a raging person with more energy!


Need an energy boost? Try a citrus scent like lime, orange or grapefruit, or again peppermint.

Relaxation more what you had in mind? Lavendar and chamomile have been shown to lower the heart rate, and decrease muscle tension...so NO don't use this one in the car.


Wanta spark some romance? Choose scents like sandalwood, roses, gardenias, or jasmine. These might not be a good idea in the car either....more carnal thoughts might take precedence over good driving sense.
(notice the play on words :-D )

Just be careful, remember too much of something can be a bad thing.....some scents that are too strong can have adverse affects....like causing sinus problems, asthma, and headaches.

4 comments:

Phil said...

Vanilla is the scent that just melts me. I'm helpless to a woman wearing vanilla perfume.

Ruby Blathergab said...

One time I went on a rock-climbing date and forgot the pit spray. When we'd gotten down safely I thought I'd lure him into the back of my pick-up for a little hoochie-coochie. I did my best to wipe the stench from my pits onto my harness and even threw some chalk in there...

Once we were entwined in the truck bed the smell began to blanket us making it hard to take in any air. I was mortified and he kept looking at me suspiciously with his tanned Italian nose all crinkled up like a snitty girl.

Wanting to save what little pride I had left I told him, "Lower your arms bud, the war's over! Ha ha ha!" I force the laugh totally. He wasn't amused.

Needless to say the ride home was quiet, save for the sounds coming through the open windows.

Sunny Delight said...

phil--vanilla eh? hmmmm....
pam---lmao!!!

Ruby Blathergab said...

Sunny, the new pic is Sweeeeeeeet! Ooh la la girl!