Monday, January 08, 2007

Humans are Indeed Strange Beings

Today as I was travelling home from work, I was listening to All Things Considered on NPR.

They were airing reports regarding Egptians speaking out on the execution of Saddam Hussein. Some of it quite sad, since it seems they were several who took their own lives in copy cat hangings.

Many herald him as a hero, some think if he had had more countries supporting him he would have won the war early on. Others........a husband and wife got into such a battle over whether he was good or evil...that the husband stabbed his wife with a knife. Guess which side each was on?

What really struck me though, was that several mosques in Baghdad said his image could be seen in the moon, and a number of people swore they saw it, even down to his glasses!

First thing that popped into my mind when I heard that was.....Harry Potter 4 and the Dark Mark in the sky at the Quidditch World Cup Tournament.

Then of course when I had the chance to get online I had to google it, if so many saw it, did someone not take a photograph of this amazing occurence? It seems not, I found no images online. So did these people see it, see this spectre of Saddam in the moon? Dunno, because I am now wondering if I heard the story at all, the NPR website does have the All Things Considered broadcast, but for some reason my media player would not load it. I am now wondering, did my own strange imagination make it up? I don't think so, I think that our minds are capable of many things, and with that simplest of suggestions, many truly believe they saw such an image.

I often see the man in the moon....although I suppose I call it the man in the moon because that is what it was always stated to me as a child....and we see no long flowing hair, which is how we imagine a womanly image...even though that image does change as the sure as the night sky changes.....I gotta say, I don't think I ever saw the Man in the Moon wearing large aviator glasses.

No comments: