Monday, June 11, 2007

Some Moments Have Wings


There are days in this life I lead, in which I can only wish...
for them.....to end.

There are days in this life I lead, in which I can only wish...
for them..... to never end.

There are days in this life I lead, in which I find myself weary...
weary of feeling.

Our lives are filled with moments. So many moments.

We wish for the joyful moments, dream of them, ache for them.

We wish for the melancholy moments to dissipate, to evaporate away, wishing for the fog of despair to burn away in the light of pure joy.

In recent weeks, my moments have been filled with joy, sadness, love, despair, relief, fear, dread, angst, hilarity, laughter, small smiles, and many more tears than I have ever wished to shed.

As I pause to examine these moments of my life, many have made me weary, so very weary, and I have wished for them to leave me. But, upon closer examination, each of these moments, no matter how draining, have been filled with gifts.

The gift of self-knowledge, the gift of knowing I am loved, the gift of friendship, the gift of faith in myself, the gift of hope, the gift of dreams, so many more gifts I am unable to name.

These moments of my life have allowed me to see more clearly.

Fear is not my enemy, it is my teacher, I grow stronger each time I face another one down.

Melancholy is not my enemy, I have fought it many times, and continue to win.

Tears are not my enemy, they cleanse my soul, and enable me to face another day.

Anger has not visited me recently, I am hoping it does not, but if it does, I will not view it as an enemy, but as one more lesson of life that I must learn from.

I know there will be many, so many moments in future days and months to come, when my emotions will run up and down the scale. Moments I will wish out of existence. But, there is also a fragment of my soul, or perhaps a small glittering light in my heart, that allows me to know there will always be moments, albeit often infinitesimal ones, but, there will be moments of peaceful contentment.

I smiled joyously yesterday, as I observed and listened to my small five year old great-nephew find the multitudes of small delights that inhabit our world. I smiled this evening, as I enjoyed a quiet hour chatting with my children. I sighed in peaceful contentment tonight as I walked along the road that travels by my home.

There are some moments, we wish to last forever. In our memories, in our hearts, they will.

Peace. So many small moments, filled with peace.

I wish to hold onto them as they flutter within me.

2 comments:

Fiona said...

Sunny I read this and I drifted into the depth of your words...and I reflected on them...considered them...understood them....

But in true Fiona fashion, a song came to mind...

Come fly with me, let's fly lets fly away
If you can use, some exotic booze
There's a bar in far Bombay
Come fly with me, we'll fly well fly away

Come fly with me, let's float down to Peru
In lama land, theres a one man band
And he'll toot his flute for you
Come fly with me, we'll float down in the blue

Once I get you up there, where the air is rarefied
We'll just glide, starry-eyed
Once I get you up there, I'll be holding you so near
You may hear, angels cheer - because we're together

Weather-wise it's such a lovely day
You just say the words, and we'll beat the birds
Down to Acapulco Bay
It's perfect, for a flying honeymoon - they say
Come fly with me, we'll fly we'll fly away

Sunny Delight said...

Fi,
Thank you, I love the song, a dream some days...to just fly away...to hear the angels cheer.

There are several people in my life, that fill me with feelings of peace...you are one of them...thank you for that too.