Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Happy Birthday to my Baby Girl



























Today is Miss Daughter's 18th Birthday.

I am having a really hard time believing my baby girl is 18 years old, a senior in high school.

She has grown into a wonderful young woman. One I am proud to know, proud to love.

Thinking back over the last 18 years, we have experienced some very rough times, and probably will again, but, I am so very grateful I have her in my life.

We had a rough start, she and I. I often described her as the baby from hell, her first 9 weeks of life, she mostly cried...and cried...and cried. Yep that pretty much sums it up. But even then, I knew she would one day be someone really special. She had her big brother wrapped around her little fingers very early on, no matter how many times she would destroy one of his Lego creations, he always forgave her. All of our lives are richer, because she is a part of them.

She was an adorable little girl, she is a beautiful young woman.

Strong willed and hard headed, a bit moody at times, (but aren't we all), charming, dramatic, effusive, humorous, imaginative, logical, loving, opinionated, passionate, pragmatic, romantic, sometimes manipulative, rebellious, silly, talented, and so much more. Added to all that, she possesses a smile that can light up a room.

I remember thinking, when I found out I was pregnant with her, that I could not be a good enough mother, I loved my son so very much, I could not fathom loving another child as much, but it is there within us, that love. I am glad, so very glad she knows how much I love her. I hope she always does.

5 comments:

Fiona said...

Happy Birthday to a wonderful young woman with a spectacular mother ;)

Congratulations to you both on this day.

Fi

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your lovely daughter.

SoCal Sal said...

Awww. Happy Birthday to your Daughter! Woo Hoo.

My baby girl is 21

About the lunch ride … preview now available.

Have a great weekend sweetie!

plan0 said...

Wish her happy birthday for me. Just explain it's one of those strange online guys you know...

S'mee said...

Belated birthday wishes to Miss Daughter, from IanS and another Birthday girl.