Friday, July 28, 2006

SPEECHLESS

Have you ever had one of those moments when someone says something to you or to a group you are a part of, that shocks you so much, you cannot find the words to reply?

They create a feeling of shock, embarrassment, anger, or even sadness...yet there seems to be no appropriate response.

Or if there is one, it doesn't come to you until hours later, so you file it away, hoping you remember it just in case a similar situation should ever arise again?

The worst part though, is that when you later have the opportunity to speak to this person they have no clue about what they did. To them is was a way to find some personal amusement, or to make a point. So me being me, I say nothing, and hope it doesn't happen again.

I don't know if it is a natural born "sweetness of character" ---somehow I doubt this :)

Or, if I was raised to be too polite, but I have a very difficult time allowing myself to let someone know when they have offended me....how do you do that? I wish I knew, because the few times I have not weighed my words carefully, I was then accused of being a moody biotch! Sheesh!

No comments: